German Translation, Serial Port?

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:25:23 CDT 2018

On 08/10/2018 01:47 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 8:26 PM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org<mailto:cctalk at classiccmp.org>> wrote:
On 08/09/2018 09:39 PM, W2HX via cctalk wrote:
> Hello friends. I need a translation from a German manual describing serial port parameters. I used google translate but it  doesn't quite give me the warm and fuzzy. Anyone here speak German? Here is what it says:
>
> Betriebsart:  Asynchron 16

Possibly they are referring to a UART that internally uses 16x oversampling, which is quite common, but that information is not normally needed in a description of communication parameters.

OK, Having read the manual on the antenna tuner and done some
research I have found that there is a box that connects to the tuner
and and a terminal.  My guess is that "Asynchron 16" refers to some
proprietary hardware/communications protocol used between the
antenna tuner and the GX007 control unit.
Considering the function of the unit, I expect the distance between
the tuner and any terminal would have exceeded RS-232 and the
environment could easily be too harsh for RS-232 as well (think static
electricity and even lightening!!)  An interesting device at any rate.
Wish I had one.  :-)

bill