Andromeda SCDC Qbus controller question

Alan Frisbie Flash688 at flying-disk.com
Fri Apr 20 18:21:49 CDT 2018

Douglas Taylor <dj.taylor4 at comcast.net> wrote:

 > I just got one of these and wanted to configure it via the 10
 > pin RS232  port on the board.
 > Is the port a standard DLV11-J type?

Yes, it is identical.   I was the original beta tester on the
SCDC and used it extensively.   In fact, the designers called
it "the Frisbie port".   :-)

 > I have one of those D-bit DLV11-J to DB25 adapters but not
 > getting any response.

You may need a null modem.  Try swapping pins 2 and 3.

I can send you an genuine Andromeda DB25 adapter if you give
me a mailing address and promise to send me $10.  :-)

 > Any info on the few jumpers on the board?

They changed between the original Rev. A and final Rev. F
boards.  Which one do you have?

I can send you a copy of the manual, complete with all my
editorial comments written on it.

Alan "Packrat" Frisbie