Speed now & then

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Apr 17 21:18:33 CDT 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, ben via cctalk wrote:
> And most likely the same TV from the 1970's
> and MOVIES from the 80's. YES LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER.
> How ever today it waiting for some server to to send
> megabytes of data a second not how many numbers you can crunch.

Twilight Zone, The Prisoner, Outer Limits, One Step Beyond, Doctor Who, .
. .
in MP4 form, thousands of movies and TV episodes will fit on a 2TB drive.
I am anxiously awaiting higher capacity thin 2.5" SATA.
(yes, the 2TB drive is getting full)
High speed is handy for Handbrake.

"Hyperland"!  (1990 (PRE WWW)  Douglas Adams, Ted Nelson, Tom Baker about
the future of the internet.  I have created a subtitles/captions SRT file
for it!)