8085 Dissasembly?

Richard Sheppard Richard.Sheppard at telus.com
Tue Apr 17 13:06:49 CDT 2018

> Lastly, I wonder if there might be some kind of checksum check to prevent tampering. Is there a common way this is handled in 8085 world? Or is it entirely programmer dependent?

One approach that <may> be doable for you is if you have a good ROM with a known checksum, make your changes then calculate the difference between the new and the original checksum and make another change somewhere innocuous to bring the checksum back to the original value. "Innocuous" may be the trick - perhaps some text string you don't care about, copyright notice etc. or maybe there is an empty area in the EPROM you could stick a byte.

Richard Sheppard