8085 Dissasembly?

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:12:51 CDT 2018

On 04/17/2018 10:59 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:

> On 04/17/2018 09:25 AM, Warner Losh via cctalk wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Johnny Eriksson via cctalk <
>> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

>>> ... or masochism led to the x86 architecture.
>>>
>> I think you are confused maybe. Wasn't it sadism?
>>

> Sadism on Intel's part but masochism on the part of those who willingly
> accepted it.
> Not sure where that leaves the rest of us.
Linux on ARM or NETBSD on VAX... in recovery, or maybe PDP-8 or PDP 11?
The old RCA CDP1802 keeps dragging me back.

I seriously stopped messing with intel with 8080/8085 jumping to Z80
 and 8048/8051 for the single chips and then going off to PIC and Atmega.

Looked at 8086 and decided it was a 8080 with a bag on the side.
It was and still is irrational.

Disassembly for 8085 is dirt simple as the opcodes are easily classified
and decoded.    Its easy enough to do in a word processor, find and replace.

Allison