Seeking software for SGI/Sun dial box (was Re: IBM 6094-010 "Dials" protocol?)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 23:55:59 CDT 2018

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 8:13 PM, Glen Slick <glen.slick at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 4:56 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What I _think_ I'm seeing is the Python code sends a mode switch
>> command to get the dial box to auto-send dial events, so I wonder if
>> there are any firmware differences with units destined for HP and
>> units destined for SGI....
>
> FWIW, the microcontroller inside my HP A4362A dial box is a Motorola
> MC68HC705C4A with a stick on paper label with the number 109315-0001.

Ah ah!  Mine is marked 109457-0001.

Additionally, in case there's a difference here, my PCB has 3 jumpers,
JP-1, JP-2, and JP-3.  On mine, JP-1 is closed with a solder blob, the
other two are open.

> The number etched on the component side of the PCB is 109202-0001 REV A.

Same.

Thanks for the sticker number.  It's possible they are different
internally, and from the comment in one of the mailing list threads
about having to mod one of the programs for a specific model (absolute
mode vs relative mode) it does seem likely that different units come
up in different default modes.

-ethan