looking at buying a pocket PC / PDA

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 16:49:03 CDT 2017

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Woodman via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
To: <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: looking at buying a pocket PC / PDA

> On 29/10/17 15:22, Mike Stein via cctalk wrote:
>> Radio Shack M100 (if you've got a large pocket); still used by some writers for the very reason you mention.

> I was also thinking of something a little bit bigger, such as the M100.
> The Cambridge Z88 is an excellent machine and they are still being sold
> new in box.
>
>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Z88
>
> Lorry
--------
Well, as I said if you don't mind smaller text and buying a slightly larger bag there are quite a few pretty nice word processors out there, and most of them have either RS232, USB or wireless transfer capability built in. If you're lucky you might even find one with its own bag ;-)

For example there's the NTS Dream Writer series; e.g.:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NTS-Computer-DreamWriter-T400-IR-Word-Processor-TESTED-/380218171277

or the Alphasmarts; e.g.:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-2-AlphaSmart-Dana-Portable-Word-Processor/222696441392?hash=item33d9be0630:g:OggAAOSwH09ZKavH

(No connection to seller)