Ideas for a simple, but somewhat extendable computer bus

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Mon Nov 20 09:41:11 CST 2017

On Nov 19, 2017, at 11:54 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> So we agree on parallel standard buses, that STD bus is a strong
> contender with varied processor base.

	Catching up late, sorry if this is an old question, but what did the Digital Group computers use? My recollection is that they offered cards with 6800, 6502, 8080, and Z-80 CPUs on the same bus, and that part of the system seemed to work reasonably well.  (At least, the Digital Group system complaints I read seem to center on the PhiDeck mass storage system not the CPU/memorylperihperal bus.)
	There is a nice website at: http://www.bytecollector.com/dg_cards.htm which seems to show cards with not a whole lot of pins to connect to the bus - maybe 36 pins on the visible side, though the card is definitely 2-sided so probably 36 more on the back side?