Slightly OT: Computer internals book recommendations

Sophie Haskins haskins.sophie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 12:25:58 CST 2017

I have the second edition (there appears to now be a third out!) but
re-reading the preface and "what's changed since the first edition" doesn't
seem to say what I remembered re: buses (namely, it says nothing at all).
It is possibly my professors were referring to a much earlier
course/textbook (or that I dreamed the whole thing!). CS: APP is still a
pretty useful book, but...not on this topic, it would seem.

(in the second edition, the only reference to buses is on a page where they
note that as of its publishing, buses are much more complicated and much
less exposed to programmers than they once were)

- Sophie