WTB: HP-85 16k RAM Module and HPIB Floppy Drive

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Thu Nov 16 10:11:51 CST 2017

> On Nov 16, 2017, at 00:32, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
>
>  PRM-85 ?  cost?

The PRM-85 is described here:

http://vintagecomputers.site90.net/hp85/prm85.htm <http://vintagecomputers.site90.net/hp85/prm85.htm>

Its creator frequents the HPSeries80 group, and appears to intermittently decide to make batches of the boards when enough interest accumulates:

https://groups.io/g/hpseries80 <https://groups.io/g/hpseries80>

He announced a run back in June. I expressed interest at the time, and just got mine within the last week. So, plan to be patient if you want one. :) I paid $120 + shipping. I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet. My HP-85 is presently in pieces as I work on its tape drive. It looks like a really neat option, particularly for a new entrant to the Series 80 world who would otherwise need to spend quite a bit of time and money accumulating desired original ROMs, somebody who wants to enhance an A model to do B model things like using SS-80 protocol drives, or somebody who wants to develop their own ROMs.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net <mailto:nf6x at nf6x.net>>
http://www.nf6x.net/ <http://www.nf6x.net/>