Random musing: VCB02 on VAX-11/750

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun May 28 06:59:48 CDT 2017

On 5/27/2017 6:15 PM, Josh Dersch via cctalk wrote:

> What say you all?
>
> - Josh
The biggest possible train wreck if I see what you are up to, is if
there are any test and set spin locks for semaphores and the like in the
code.  I know Sun had huge numbers of tricks on Sparc to run different
runtimes when there were different Sparc memory behaviors.

I don't know if the PDP 11 code between the buss types  had to sense and
alter behavior.  And I wonder if the quniverter will do its job with the
timing to grab the copy, and swap or whatever is needed for the operation.

Is the quniverter set up to handle any type of memory no matter what
purpose?

thanks
Jim