In Hong Kong any old computing places to go?

Mark Green markwgreen at rogers.com
Sat May 27 12:31:00 CDT 2017

When I lived in HK (I moved back to Canada 12 years ago) you could get a visa to Shenzhen at the border.  It was only valid for Shenzhen, but it only took about 15-20 minutes.  You might check to see if they still do that.

Otherwise, head to Sham Shui Po, Apliu Street is the local electronics haven.  There are street stalls that sell used electronics and other things, you might find something interesting there.  The regular electronics stores are fun to poke around.  On the other side of the MTR station is the Golden Arcade, which is the best place for computer shopping in HK.  Sham Shui Po is easy to get to by MTR, get an Octopus card it will save you money, you can buy them at the airport.

Sham Shui Po is one of the areas that is yet to be destroyed by maniac urban renewal, so it's an interesting area to walk around and get some feel for older parts of HK.  Save an afternoon for it.