Kryoflux or Catweasle

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed May 24 10:28:42 CDT 2017

On 05/24/2017 01:59 AM, Torfinn Ingolfsen via cctalk wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Some of us just want a working solution. So, any links for hardware,
> software and an assembly description?

Mine are for specific-purpose applications, so they're not likely to be
of use to anyone else.  Note that I'm not interested in archiving disks,
but rather getting at their content and saving that.

But golly, it isn't that difficult--most MCUs have several timers, and a
"capture" facility so reading should be easy.  Writing is again, mostly
feeding a PWM output to the drive.  The floppy interface itself is very
much brain-dead.

This isn't news--the HxC emulator basically does the work and runs on an
STM32F1 platform--which is weak tea compared to the ARM CPUs currently
available.

My .02 cents.
Chuck