Directory of old computer collectors

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Wed May 24 08:23:19 CDT 2017

On Wed, 24 May 2017, Randy Dawson via cctalk wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Anybody that is paranoid about telling their location and the computer dinosaurs running in their basement needs a head alignment.
>
> Another case of some guy over-estimating the worth of the junk we hold on to.  It is zero, of value to only us that play with it.
>
> And our numbers are diminishing every day.

Randy, with all due respect, have you seen how much an Apple 1 or a
Lisa... or even their _drives_ go for lately? Symbolics machines? Crays?
One-offs or limited-run machines?

While I don't disagree that a lot of us (without question myself included)
vastly overrate their collection of bits and pieces, that is not to say
that _some_ of them can be worth staggering amounts of money to the right
people.

And people have broken into places for dollars worth of easily portable
things - let alone tens of thousands+ worth.

Caution is not undue or unwise.

  - JP