Teletype 43

dave.g4ugm at gmail.com dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Tue May 23 01:07:57 CDT 2017

You probably need a null modem cable. As a test try linking 4+5 (rts/cts) and 6+8+20 (dsr/cd/dtr) on the tty plug/socket. (25 way pins)
Then when the terminal brings dtr up (data terminal ready) it also brings up dsr (data set ready) and cd (carrier detect) so it looks like the modem is connected.
Same way when it uses rts (request to send) it also enables cts (clear to send) so the modem has given permission to send data..

Dave
G4ugm