BBS software for the PDP 11

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu May 18 15:56:36 CDT 2017

On 5/18/2017 1:06 PM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> [...]
The light bulbs maybe, but you also run things much higher than 350
watts from time to time.  The hair drier is meaningless.

Most of the lights I leave on now are LED pulling 10 or less watts. The
entire population of light bulbs in my house left on now doesn't get to
100w anymore.

I have 2 dell 2950's that pull a large power bill.  That is near your
345 watts each, and I am plotting to take them out and their
replacements are Intel NUC's @ 40w each, pretty much the same go power.

the 11/93 probably isn't running as much compute power as one core of
the 2950.  Nor possibly a Raspberry Pi.    Whatever you want to do to
convert $$ to radiant heat, I guess no one is stopping you. Running the
old stuff for fun even for extended periods is one thing, but a BBS has
possibly the mission to stay up.  Depending on what the OP has in mind.
thanks
Jim