BBS software for the PDP 11

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu May 18 15:45:30 CDT 2017

On 05/18/2017 12:27 PM, allison via cctalk wrote:

> BBSs are really the thing from about 1978 to pre-internet (varied
> where you lived). Examples of the big BBS are Source, Delphi, Well,
> STD(software tool and die), and the big one Compuserve.  Small ones
> like Sage and those mentioned by inference on the Walnutcreek CD are
> the more common small guys.

I know--I ran one myself initially with an MS-DOS base and eventually
with an NT 4.0 one.  USR Couriers.

My point is that if you're talking about making something that resembles
something that was done on a PC (286/386/486), why not use a PC?

8-bit x80 BBS were generally along the lines of BYE510 affairs and were
pretty clunky.

Anyone remember Boardwatch magazine?

--Chuck