Panel ID?

Cory Heisterkamp coryheisterkamp at gmail.com
Fri May 12 12:41:35 CDT 2017

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Shoppa, Tim via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Cory asks:
> > http://www.radar58.com/panel/
>
> I had always thought Transistor Electronics Corporation had something to
> do with CDC (both in Minneapolis) but CHM tells me I was wrong: it was a
> spin-off from Univac: http://www.computerhistory.
> org/brochures/companies.php?alpha=t-z&company=com-42bc22fbb9812
>
> Tim.
>
> Thanks for digging that up, Tim. I have a real thing for controls and
displays; according to that brochure, TEC not only offered components, but
complete panels with legends and layout to the customer's spec.

The Univac connection makes some sense as this came from the estate of a
retired Univac engineer. Of course, CDC/RemRand lines get a little blurry
given CDC's start. -C