BETSI Expander for the Commodore PET

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon May 8 21:28:03 CDT 2017

On 5/8/2017 6:02 PM, william degnan via cctalk wrote:
> Don French talked about the S100 expansion he created for the TRS
> 80 Model 1
A friend sold a TRS80 -> 488 -> sasi pile that allowed him to hook up
2.5mb and 5mb drives.

I don't recall his company but he did well enough to bootstrap Peer
Protocols, which I worked for.  It was a SCSI pioneer company and had
development tools and the like for target and initiator.

He may have used his Argent company name for those sales.  I know that
another friend was doing similar with IBM PC to SASI and getting $6000 /
copy.  Noting that the PC's themselves sold for $6000 at the time.  I
think my friend was doing well too with his profit on the systems.

thanks
Jim