Re: Extracting files off “unknown” 8 inch disks. Any thoughts…

Terry Stewart terry at webweavers.co.nz
Fri May 5 16:58:44 CDT 2017

>In case not everyone noticed, but Terry's already given up on this

Lol, true. The disks will be given back on Monday.  It's no big deal.  The
owners can decided what they want to do.  Even if I can't read it the
disks, however, pondering just what the format might be is fun. I'm
certainly learning something. Feel free to keep speculating if you are so
inclined.

>I still think the best suggestion was the one about posting what's on the
>printed sheet that appears to be a directory listing

Here it is:

http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/images/2017-04-15-vax-disk-cover.jpg

Some more info.  Anadisk tells me the disks are Single Sided, Single
Density.  It can see ID marks as it tracks a disk but that is all.  It
can't see any data.  Could be an RX02 disk as people say...

Terry (Tez)