Ohio Scientific Universal RAM Board GW-OSI-RAM1

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed May 3 20:03:23 CDT 2017

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Systems Glitch via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> Is the IM6100/6120 still easy to find?  I'dve thought that the supply
>> was exhausted by now.
>
> One of my *US* parts supplier apparently has qty 500 in stock for the IM6100s!

Nice.  They are definitely not as in-demand as the IM6120.

> With the failure rate I've been seeing, figure at least 350 of them are viable, maybe more. I've also had a bunch come out of the woodwork from other hobbyists with this project.

I picked up a *tube* of them about 15 years back and have never come
across a project for them (but I do have real DECmates of all the
varieties, so I need both IM6120 _and_ IM6100 chips for spares).

I have done a little with OSI machines (I've long wanted to fiddle
with a C3P because a family friend had one when I was growing up) and
have been watching the development of the your 560Z board, even if I
don't have a place to stick one at the moment.

-ethan