Windows 1.0 For DEC Rainbow (mirror of Latrobe ftp anybody ?)

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon May 1 22:20:16 CDT 2017

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 1:40 AM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 1:00 AM, Huw Davies
> <huw.davies at kerberos.davies.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>> On 19 Aug 2016, at 02:31, shadoooo <shadoooo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems that copies of this software are really difficult to find, but a complete copy
>>> was available on the latrobe ftp DEC Rainbow archive... which disappeared with all valuable data...
>>> Anybody has a copy of the content before the deletion?
>>
>> I’m sure the archive would have been set up by Paul Nankervis who I used to work with at La Trobe. I’ll see if he still has  the original copies.
>
> I have a bunch of disks for my Rainbow labeled Windows 1.0 if there's
> no archives that have them.

All the online archives seem to have a bogus copy, that's a mix of
VAXmate and Rainwbow files and it doesn't work.

So I discovered I have a copy that isn't in the archives. I've
uploaded it. Details in my blog entry
http://bsdimp.blogspot.com/2017/05/rainbow-100-windows-10-disks-redux.html
about things. At least one member has these files and is trying to
make them work. Since I don't have Graphics Adapter, I've not worried
too much about them... But I've had them in my collection since I
think 2001...

Warner