Wanted: AT&T 3B2 Ethernet Card ROM images

Alan Hightower alan at alanlee.org
Sun Mar 26 05:07:58 CDT 2017

I am looking for ROM dumps for the NI card as well. I've dumped ROMs
from most other cards. I've placed there temporarily here:

https://www.retrotronics.org/tmp/3b2_romdumps.zip [1]

I've disassembled the ones I have. They all appear to be based on the
same CIO reference firmware, mostly compiled with a C compiler, share
75% of code between them, do not support PIO access other than to return
the card id code and accept a slot number, and communicate with the host
OS through in/out FIFOs at an address in memory based on the card id.

-Alan

On 2017-03-26 00:26, Seth Morabito via cctalk wrote:

> I'm trying to track down ROM images from AT&T 3B2 expansion cards.
> I've started with the EPORTS serial card, which I have. What I'd love
> to find is the ROM from the NI Ethernet card.
>
> Not all ROMs were socketed. Freqently they were soldered, so I know
> that getting these probably won't be easy. If I had an NI card of my
> own I'd desolder the ROMs, but alas, I do not.
>
> If you have these ROMs, are willing to image them, or -- and this is a
> real long shot -- if you're willing to let me borrow a card for a
> while, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> -Seth

Links:
------