Borrowing a ADF scanner near Orangeburg SC next week?

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Fri Mar 10 11:10:14 CST 2017

On 2017-03-09 9:56 PM, Ian Finder via cctalk wrote:
> I'm going on an archiving trip to preserve a deserving piece of computer
> history, but it turns out the scanner I'm borrowing is overweight and
> united will charge $100-200 to check it each way.
>
> Before I buy one off amazon, I wanted to see if anyone on the list was
> local and could let us borrow one Tuesday-Friday.
>
> Looking for a heavy duty, double sided ADF deal.

Fwiw, Fujitsu Fi-4530 like I've got does 11x17" ADF or 11x17+" oversize
(e.g. foldouts), it's fast, fairly compact, and weighs 18.7 lb.
Recommended without hesitation for binders/documents. I have the USB
version and I attest you can drive it from Windows 7+ with a bit of
fiddling (though drivers are originally for XP I believe).

http://www.fujitsu.com/us/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/product/eol/fi4530c/

No, you probably can't buy one from Amazon, but Fujitsu does have a
newer range that you probably can.

There are quite a few on US Ebay if you can BIN and ship quick enough...

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=fujitsu+4530&_sacat=0

--Toby