I hate the new mail system

Tor Arntsen kspt.tor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 01:11:57 CST 2017

On 7 March 2017 at 15:57, Pete Turnbull via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On 07/03/2017 13:47, Christian Corti via cctalk wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, Pete Turnbull wrote:
>>>
>>> No, Mouse is right, it's broken:
>>

>> Works for me (also from different networks outside the university
>> network):
>

> Interesting... I still get the same errors.  Could it be location-dependant
> in some way?  Are you using the standard whois port 43/TCP?

I tested 'whois -h whois.denic.de uni-stuttgart.de'
from Oslo, London, Tokyo, and it seems to work fine - I got all
expected whois output. Tested yesterday too.
Sounds like it may be the whois client instead - what OS are you guys
using, and which 'whois' version?
I'm using various Linux distros.