Full immersion emulation

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sat Mar 4 15:22:03 CST 2017

On 03/04/2017 03:13 PM, Mark J. Blair via cctalk wrote:
> For some reason, I fondly remember the scream of a DEC
> TU77 drive, and would like to have one in my collection.
> Clearly, I must be somewhat touched in the head. :)
Scream?  Or buzz?  We had a TU77, and when we ran backups,
it made a loud buzzing as it was doing start/stop about as
fast as it could go.  Or, are you referring to the whine as
it went into rewind?

The 200 IPS Hitachi drives on our 360 were much louder in
the rewind, you could hear it anywhere in the machine room.

Jon