Reading an ICT/ICL EDS8 (?) Disk Pack

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 2 15:28:33 CST 2017

I have been on the lookout for software for an emulator of MU5 that I am
building. Manchester University has found a disk pack that is promisingly
labelled. The disk pack has been provisionally identified as an ICL EDS8,
apparently compatible with an IBM 2311 and with the mechanical assembly
based on a CDC 9450.

The University has asked The National Museum of Computing (TNMOC) is they
have a drive that could read this disk pack, but it seems that although they
have such a drive, they have no plans to restore it.

Does anyone know of a working drive that might be able to read this pack?

Regards

Rob