Full immersion emulation

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 07:30:56 CST 2017

On 2 March 2017 at 01:55, ben via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Well we talk to tablets and phones now, how long before they talk back?

A short list of shipping products that do that:

Amazon Echo
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GAGVIE4/

Google Home
https://madeby.google.com/home/

Microsoft Cortana
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cortana

(The latter is a free component of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It
startled both me, and later my landlord, when I demonstrated to him
that I could operate a (nearly 10-year-old) laptop by just talking to
it, and it answering.

I have a Win10AE partition on this desktop, but it has no microphone
or camera. I prefer it that way, TBH. :¬)

indeed sole, UI for some products. This is indeed their selling point:
you automate your home by asking an "intelligent" assistant to dim the
lights, or for a weather forecast, or to record a TV program for you,
etc.

It's not coming soon. It's been here for a couple of years now.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com