Full immersion emulation

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Wed Mar 1 18:55:29 CST 2017

On 3/1/2017 4:22 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 03/01/2017 11:46 AM, Tony Duell wrote:
>
>> But presumably on an emulator there will be some kind of volume
>> control. Or even unplug the speaker(s) if you want silence...
>

> But then, what of the "realism"?  Is the sound of a  half-ton of
> dynamite going off realistic at 50 dB?  Many aspects of "the good old
> days" weren't all that good.
>
> I suppose we could also provide a sensation of reality by slowing our
> modern systems to a crawl, having them go down every few days, and
> include some rats under a raised floor.  Thank  you, no.

You mean like using the INTERNET. I read translated Asian novels,
and the update a chapter ever few days, and that is my favorite
site with all crap ads,bells and whistles. Two to three minutes
just load a ascii text file on the screen, on a good day.

> I like my computers quiet.
>
> --Chuck

Well we talk to tablets and phones now, how long before they talk back?
Ben.