IBM S/32, PDP-11/60+RL01, PDP-11/34, East Lansing MI

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Wed Mar 1 13:51:27 CST 2017

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 12:17:10PM -0500, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

> > On Mar 1, 2017, at 12:12 PM, Philipp Hachtmann via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> >

> > On 03/01/2017 05:27 PM, Henk Gooijen via cctalk wrote:
> >> I have heard that story to. _IF_ you have WCS for the 11/60 ... not very common.
> >> But even with WCS installed, there is a “small” problem: the PDP-8 microcode
> >> for the 11/60 is lost ☹
> > But it could be rewritten!
>
> Presumably.  But it's not easy to replicate the work of a wizard like Richie Lary.
>
> The microcode assembler is probably less of a problem.  Another issue would be to reconstruct the RSTS support code for loading the microcode and running PDP8 jobs, which doesn't seem to be around anymore either.
>
> 	paul

Many pieces to the pussle. But I read on alt.sys.pdp10 that there was a
presentation at DECUS Europ "probably the one at Heathrow in 1978". So
maybe there are some meeting notes out there with more info.

/P