RL02 to image file

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Jun 2 10:12:19 CDT 2017

> On Jun 2, 2017, at 1:16 AM, Christian Corti via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2017, Jay Jaeger wrote:
>> On 6/1/2017 12:12 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
>>>
>>> Interesting.  I'd like to see how you tackled that (I can imagine
>>> wanting a couple of layers of integrity-checking, for one).
>>>

>> It uses a simple 8 but parallel bus-like fully interlocked protocol,
>> byte by byte.  The send side raises a data available bit, the receiver
>> grabs it, then raises an acknowledge.  The sender then drops the
>> available, and then waits until the receiver drops the acknowledge.
> [...]
>
> I have a similar setup, a DR11 in a 11/34. It is more or less directly
> connected to a bidirectional parallel port on a PC that runs a small
> server written with eRTOS (DOS based), for the PDP side I have written a
> full RT11 driver, so I can do things like COPY/DEV/FILE and even boot from
> an image over the DR11. The transfer rate is about 75 kb/s.

My setup is an 11/70 running BSD 2.11.  I “dd” the RL pack to a file on
one of the file systems (I have the equivalent of 4 RP06 drives) and then
ftp it to where I want it (since the 11/70 is on my network…actually at one
point it was on the internet where anybody could log-in).  I can also do
that with RK05’s and RX02’s.  ;-)

TTFN - Guy