How to refurbish plotter pens?

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sat Jan 28 12:00:32 CST 2017

Bob,

Thank you for bringing sanity before the thread sunk into how to make
fibre or wet ink drafting based pens work again.

Jon you were very very lucky to get that wooden box and its contents
!, There were basic kits and I don't know the original word, but
'super kits'. A super kit sold on eBay not too long ago. I have 90% of
the basic kit. BTW my 565 is also IBM branded. It came off a IBM 1130.

I've never tried using the Fisher pens, but they do show up from time
to time on the usual auction sites. And if someone does discover they
are the same or can be easily adapted you can sometimes find them in
independent owned stationary stores, the type of Ma+Pop store where
nothing gets thrown out, just moved to the basement.

I have the 565 on the list of things to build a more modern interface
for. And a good example is a Onion.io Omega2+, there should be more
then enough room to have a simple HPGL emulator.

-pete