What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Jeff Woolsey jlw at jlw.com
Wed Jan 18 13:59:54 CST 2017

On 1/18/17 5:57 AM, Mike Stein wrote:
> A fine relatively rare machine, but not very useful without the other half, alas...  ;-(
Quite.   I did have the other half for a while, and it worked as well as
we (philistines--college students having fun) thought it could.  We'd
had enough fun with it and decided there wasn't anything more
constructive to do with it, so we did destructive things to it.   We
took it to pieces to see all the neat stuff in it.  I still have a
couple parts, one being a cylindrical structure with lots of shafts and
gears, and another being a short chain on a sprocket wheel/axle that is
something to keep your hands busy when bored.

> http://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/text/Burroughs/Burroughs.E1400.1966.102646238.pdf
That's where I found out what model it was, though the printset differs.

> The processor cabinets make nice work tables though...

Mine's just holding stuff off the ground for now.

--
Jeff Woolsey {{woolsey,jlw}@jlw,first.last@{gmail,jlw}}.com
Nature abhors straight antennas, clean lenses, and empty storage.