What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Mon Jan 16 15:02:40 CST 2017

Currently about the only thing remaining I would come close to being
rare is a IBM 360/55 Front panel, spent $300+100 shipping in the early
to mid 90's for it.

I have a Tektronix 6130 that as an (ex) employee were were able to
build at cost. The 6130 is pretty much the same as a 4132

Does a prototype Sparc-1 Pizza box qualify ? Came from a friend who
worked for Sun.

How about use to own ?

I had a shop that burned down to the ground. In it were three Tek
6205's one fully working and the rare of the rare a Tek 6210 with 3
CPU boards, and a CDC SMD disk drive that went with the 6210, plus
about 4 boxes of boards and still. one box in it had a prototype 6400
CPU, the 64xx was a bitslice + custom logic CPU that emulated a
National CPU but a lot faster. Also in that shop was a pretty much
unused IBM 129.

Use to own a PDP 11/40 (the big box version) that consisted of 4
racks, got it for $100 + truck rental + pizza for two friends. one
rack was the controller for two RP03 disk drives, another rack were 6
RK05's, a DEC TU?? in the third, the 4th I emptied, was full of serial
line cards,   CPU plus a tape reader and punch in the 5th, other
external stuff were a couple CDC 80MB SMD drives, a IBM Card reader,
and two line printers, it filled 1/2 of a 1000 sq foot basement. Long
story but I gave it away when I moved. When I got the CDC's I never
used the RP's again, but since they were so heavy they stayed until it
went away.