What is the most amount of money you've spent on a computer or computer-related item?

Andrew Burton aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 14 17:50:39 CST 2017

On 2017-01-12 5:35 PM, Andy Cloud wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I know this is a bit of a personal question, so please feel free to ignore
> this email!
>
> If you're willing to answer it would also be interesting to know what
drove
> you to spend as much as you did on that particular computer?
>
> For me, the most I've spent on a single computer is $2,000 for a Rev 0
> Apple II around 3 years ago, I spent that much because I had wanted an
> original Apple II for so long (not plus or E) and this one was so clean
and
> perfect! I cannot think of a time when I will sell it!
>
> Can't wait to hear your answers :) :)
>
> _>Andy

For hardware, I spent £400 pounds for a Japanese Dreamcast months before the
official UK one was released in 1999.

For software, I spent $200 on a damaged cartridge from the Atari cartridge
burial site via someone that was flagged by news articles as an official
seller of such items. It could be fake, but I wanted to own a piece of
history.

For magazines, I spent $300 AUD (Australian dollars) for 30 issues of 80
Micro and a further $300 (American dollars) for another 30 issues of the
magazine. All are in good condition apart from a few external water marks
here and there.

Regards,
Andrew Burton
aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk