What is the most amount of money you've spent on a computer or computer-related item?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri Jan 13 12:16:59 CST 2017

On 1/13/17 10:05 AM, Toby Thain wrote:

> AUD $25,000 for a Linotype L100 PostScript imagesetter (used).
>
> Has a 68K computer inside it with Adobe ROMs. Communication via serial or AppleTalk.
>
> One of the first high resolution PostScript imagesetters. Put a lot of feet of bromide paper through it.
>
> The machine itself is actually available in Sydney NSW Australia for anyone who would like to preserve it.
>
> --Toby

While trying to get the Compugraphic MCS Powerview simulated in MAME (specifically trying to find a keyboard), I'm
finding a lot of dead trails to phototypesetters.

A friend in the business got a good laugh when I said I was looking for parts.

Someone should document the L100, but it isn't going to be me :P