PAL video in the states

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:17:35 CST 2017

On 13 January 2017 at 15:49, Tony Duell <ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On my workbench I have a little (9") Sony Trinitron monitor. It's the sort
> of
> thing that was used for moniitoring signals in a TV studio. It's a model
> PVM9044QM. It can handle just about any TV rate video (US or UK
> rates), PAL, NTSC, Secam, analogue RGB (seperate sync or sync on
> green), component video, S video, etc. OK, 9" is probably too small for
> normal use, but it is ideal on the bench as it will display the output of
> just
> about any home computer. Be warned it's complex inside, 2 large PCBs full
> of chips and several smaller ones.

I bought one of those recently ostensibly as a monitor for my Apple ][s but
like you say it's capable of pretty much anything you can throw at it.
ukp25 too, bargain.

I didn't think of putting my Einstein through my big TV, instead I spent
quite a bit on the official Tatung monitor for an exhibition I was doing.

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?