Were C64's used in editing video like the Amigas - also need Amiga keyboard?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Jan 11 22:49:54 CST 2017

On 01/11/2017 04:00 PM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> I never saw deck controllers, though it wouldn't have been
> difficult to homebrew one. When we used a C64 to do some
> titling for a school project, we just directly recorded
> the output to the VCR. I do believe there were some
> genlock products around but I never used one.
Back in 1986 - 1992 or so I made video animation
controllers.  These could be connected to a variety of
editing VCRs such as U-matic, M series and VHS editing
decks.  It had a Z80 and typical RAM, ROM a calculator LED
display and circuitry to lay down a time code and read the
time code.  It didn't see the video signal at all, just got
sync pulses on the remote control connector, and one audio
track in and out.  Mostly sold to people making videos of
scientific results.  I sold about 20 of them.

Jon