Cassette Interface Assistance

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:17:57 CST 2017

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM, allison via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On 2/28/17 10:55 AM, Jim Brain via cctalk wrote:
>> I have a cute idea for a cassette port project for the Tandy line of
>> computers (the ones with the cassette port)....
>>
> Why not just go inside and grab the signal at it source before any of the
> analog?  it starts life at TTL waveforms (not 5V).

It sounds like he is contemplating a battery-powered tape drive
emulator that plugs on the outside of the machine for users to use
without opening their boxes.  It would then be portable to other
machines.  Sounds like a great idea.

> Why are you trying to get to 5V in the first place?

Digital input to the AVR.

-ethan