PDF PDF Which is right and which is ... Was Re: PDP-11/24 CPU later version

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Sun Feb 19 10:19:09 CST 2017

On 2017-02-19 4:39 AM, Nico de Jong wrote:
> The Open Office for Windows package has a "save as ...pdf" function

Y'all realise we're dealing with bundles of *scanned images* in the
context of this discussion. Often the source material is a multipage
TIFF from the scanner or other processing step.

So relevant tools are things like tiff2pdf (tiffutils), and tumble as
cited on http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/

My objection to PDF/A doesn't really stand if there are good open source
tools to process it (clearly the Adobe tools don't count).

--T