New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Tue Feb 14 10:57:35 CST 2017

> What's wrong with USB-B?
Too big. Does not properly fit into the DEC board spacing. The rest is
just perfect.

> I consider both Mini and Micro as not
> mechanically reliable, i.e. I fear that the cable will unplug itself or
> the mechanical strain will break the leads in the plug (I have too many
> Mini and Micro cables that suffer from this)
Oh, my DSLR has such a mini USB. And my USBlink board as well. I did
never have problems. And I did not handle the cables with care.

> or rip off the SMD pins
> from the copper traces (also very common in my experience).
That ahould be avoidable.

I don't want
> to pull out a fully equipped pdp8 of the rack and open it just to

Strap it to the board. I will include holes for that purpose.

By the way: Do you still like the old board?

Kind regards

Philipp