New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Feb 13 12:10:47 CST 2017

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017, W2HX wrote:
> Thanks for doing this project and I have signed up! Curious why mini usb
> and why the exclamation points regarding "NOT micro?" Micro is so
> common. I have tons of usb-micro cables for all my devices. I don’t
> think I've seen a device made in the last several years with a mini. I
> have no mini usb cables, not that I can't purchase one, of course!

There are claims that MICRO-USB has better reliability, with many more
insertion cycles than MINI-USB.

But, MICRO has more of a symmetry problem than MINI.  In poor light, it is
easier to get MINI right-side-up than MICRO.
THAT is apparently why USB-C was developed.   it is symmetrical.
Apple has shown with "LIGHTNING", single button mouse, etc.,  that it is
always safer to under-estimate the intelligence and abilities of your
users.