OT: RANT (Was: [cctalk-request at classiccmp.org: confirm 38290c8a992491eda604beff5a06ff20cd7e85f5]

Alexander Schreiber als at thangorodrim.ch
Fri Feb 3 17:30:47 CST 2017

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 07:28:21PM +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 2 February 2017 at 23:21, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
> > Frankly, it SCARES me that that wasn't absurd enough!
>

> A friend of mine, Charlie Stross, recently had to rewrite the outline
> of a novel because his bleak dystopian vision of the near-future "free
> world" wasn't _nearly_ bleak enough and the actual world has turned a
> lot worse.

That was after Brexit and his response was basically "WTF just happened?"

> After his hasty rewrite, it's gone nastier again. His novel will now
> seem like a cheerful upbeat alternate timeline instead.

And I guess this was after Trump, same response.

I guess these days it is hard to write dystopian fiction since reality
is hell bent to out do your darkest nightmares.

Kind regards,
            Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison