RL02 version of UNIX6?

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 2 13:56:56 CST 2017

On 2/2/17 2:32 PM, william degnan wrote:
> All this talk about compatibility...was there ever UNIX made for the PDP
> 11/40 and RL02, or was it only run on RK05?  Wouldn't all of the C and wake
> calls, etc issues have been solved then?  Why is this an issue now?  I am
> largely ignorant to the details but from 20000 feet it would seem like this
> would have been taken care of long ago.  No need for pre-processing code,
> etc.  Please educate me if I am wrong, just curious.
>
> Bill Degnan

for laughs I wandered over to:

http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/mirrors/minnie.tuhs.org/PDP-11/Boot_Images/

To see if the copy of V6 on RL02 is still there.... yep it is.  and it
runs on a 11/23 just fine
as thanks to someone I have a copy on RL02 that I boot from time to time.

Seems the problem is solved.  If memory serves it cannot use more than
256K even if the
machine is Q22.

Allison