To the 2901 bit slicers out there

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Thu Dec 28 11:53:50 CST 2017

On 12/27/2017 9:35 PM, Randy Dawson via cctalk wrote:
> Since I know there's tons of PDP/11 geniuses here, and other gurus with a NOVA 4, and a Tektronix 4052 guy (I have the 4051):

Well I am not one of them. 2901's seem only on epay now, so lack of
parts have kept me from designing with them. A plan to work on a quick
and dirty core memory like 20 bit computer from about 1975 ish.
Rather than microcode I plan to use random logic with 22v10's replacing
82s100's that would be used at the time. Cycle time is about 1.25 us
with a simple front panel.

Ben.