RT-11 idle light pattern

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Tue Dec 26 18:05:31 CST 2017

I have been able to sysgen an RT-11 XM monitor with the idle loop light pattern enabled, and install and boot it on my PDP-11/45.  Here’s a video of the idle lights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycADKwgnLpE

I built the latest simh and tu58em from source on my MacBook, then was able to do the sysgen under simh, copy the resulting binaries onto a TU58 image using simh’s TDC device, then use tu58em to copy the binaries over onto my working RT-11 4.00 distribution RK05 pack.

It was pretty fun to get all this working — I had never seen RT-11's console light pattern before!

    —FritzM.