eBay: MEMOREX 3693-2 & 3690-2 Disc Drive Mainframe IBM 3370-2 VINTAGE

Tom Gardner t.gardner at computer.org
Sun Dec 17 18:51:40 CST 2017

AFAIK these are rebadged Japanese (probably NPL) controller and drives compatible with the IBM 3370 series.  The 3693-2 is a controller bundled with two drives while the 3690-2 is just two drives, other than skins just like the two in the 3693.  They are FBA as opposed to CKD

They likely connected to integrated attachments on low end IBM systems and director class control units on the IBM mainframes.

I'm pretty sure Memorex never did a 3390 class subsystem

Tom