RX02 Difficulties

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Sat Dec 16 14:28:53 CST 2017

I just checked all of them in RT-11, out of 12 floppies, two of them
were bad, or at least I am unable to perform dir in RT-11.

My source of confusion comes from both A) not being able to boot from
any of them, and B) not being able to dump them using vtserver. The ones
labelled RT-11 don't actually have RT-11 on them, just some random
files, and these were the ones I had tried to boot from.

I'm not sure why vtserver doesn't seem to work though. I have Kermit in
RT-11, is there a way to dump the other drive over this? I would like to
put LSI Unix on one of the floppies, can this be done with Kermit too?

While on the topic of vtserver, it also doesn't seem to like my RL02
drive. If I try to write to it or dump a cartridge, it tells me that it
was unable to read the labelsector. About the thing vtserver has done is
launch itself over odt.

RT-11 is unable to list the files on the RL02 drive, but maybe they are
UNIX or maybe they are dead packs...

Thanks,
Aaron.

--
Aaron Jackson
PhD Student, Computer Vision Laboratory, Uni of Nottingham