ISC Intecolor 8300 terminal

Brent Hilpert bhilpert at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 15 01:26:57 CST 2017

On 2017-Dec-14, at 10:20 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:

> On 12/14/2017 08:58 PM, Gregory McGill via cctalk wrote:
>> I recently picked this up from shopgoodwill and it has an older power
>> plug.  It is NOT a standard plug as shown in the picture below that is too
>> tall and pins are smaller etc..
>>
>> Anyone know the name of this 'standard' so I can find a cable? Or possibly
>> have one  around I can get from you?
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> https://sgws3productimages.azureedge.net/sgwproductimages/images/8/11-25-2017/310248925111157io.JPG
>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/HzXVUDqfCv5U7zBC2
>>

> From the looks of your unit, it might just be simpler to fit it with a
> standard IEC receptacle.  Note that the cutout is already rectangular,
> so an IEC may just fit without any case modification.

The screw holes have a slightly different spacing between the two types, they have to be 'moved' (filed) out about a mm each;
and it looks like the existing opening will have to be enlarged vertically a bit.
If there's nothing interfering on the inside it does look like an easy candidate for replacement with IEC.