Looking for AMP / TE coaxial connectors - Memorex 651 drive

Tom Gardner t.gardner at computer.org
Wed Dec 13 16:40:36 CST 2017

Personally I can’t recommend any company selling used parts stripped from surplus equipment but I recall several being discussed in this thread.

My recollection in the 2311 and 2314 class disk drives from IBM, Memorex, ISS (sold by Itel and Telex), Calcomp, CDC, Ampex, etc all used M series for both the data and control cables.  The data cables were hermaphroditic with  two or three coax connector receptacles and a number of sockets at each end mating to the corresponding connectors in the drive and controller.  So what u really want to find is a data cable from these very old drives (or at least one half of one) and strip out the sockets.

It maybe the 651 used the same connector block as the 2314 class data cables; I doubt if Memorex had the money to pay AMP for a custom block so they just used the connector block that was in their 2311/2314 line – IBM paid AMP for that block J

Good luck.

Tom